Tuesday, 16 May 2017

New beginnings ...

Hello everyone,

Once again I noticed how difficult it sometimes is to keep on blogging.
Especially if you're like me and only like to show finished projects.
But as half the projects I start are abandoned before they see completion, I rarely post.

Since my last post I went to Salute and, though I swore not to do so beforehand, I started a dozen new games.
My creative mind and buying habit are once again getting the upper hand after seeing all these amazing boards and miniatures at the show.
Also, there is something magical about getting into a new game (or faction), everything looks so fresh and full of opportunities.
Funny how our human minds tend to work.

Here's some of my latest work.

First off is the start of my Astral Claws for 40k. I did start with a marine squad but found these very boring to paint, so I switched to this fellow in the hope he would spark my interest enough to get back to my marines. It didn't work but I had a lot of fun painting him.





Second is the start of my Feral warband for World of Twilight, a game I have neglected for too long but which I still keep close at hearth.
This little guy is Jakiin, one of the smallest, and most likely fiercest, braves around.
I tried something new, which was using a leaf stamper to add fallen leaves to the base.
Seems like I need more practice though as it didn't turn out as I expected.
I really like this little warrior as he is both a bit cute, with his doll tucked in his belt, and threathening.



Last of the projects I like to show of at this moment is a rush job I did as part of the competion at the 'The Drowned Earth' Kickstarter.
The challenge was to convert/paint-up a proxy of one of the characters for the game. This one resembles Nix, the leader of the Artificer faction and one of the easiest ones to do in such a short time in my opinion.
This was the base figure:

Though Nix doesn't have a braid, I really like this hairdo on the figure and decided to keep it.
She was only declared as 'good enough' just before the deadline ended, if I had more time I would definitely have spend more time cleaning up the little green stuff addition and also change her bow.
As well as a more decent paintjob.

 
 
I did paint some more Brewers for my Guildball team too, these don't fit in with the title of this post though :). On top of that, I would like to show them of as a team, so I still need to finish Stave and Stoker.

Thanks a lot for reading!
Until next time!