Friday 22 February 2019

Masters of the Arcane


Hello again everyone,

This week I’ve spend a few hours painting a few heroes for the 15mm Rangers of Shadow Deep campaign I’ve been planning. Nothing really special but I’m happy that I’m making some progress.

I’ve also been thinking on how I can keep this blog alive and I believe the key will be to do regular, but smaller updates. As my interest often comes and wanes, I can’t promise I’ll keep a steady pace, but at the very least I hope to do at least one update every two weeks.

The terrain piece is from the Burrows and Badgers range and is unfortunately too large for 15mm. However, as it sat in my ‘to do’ pile for quite some time I decided to spend some time finishing it. After all, I also hope to play some Burrows and Badgers somewhere in the future (I own almost every model in the range so it would be a shame not to). I found some more resin terrain pieces which I bought years ago, but didn't do anything with apart from washing and giving them an undercoat, which you can expect to see these in the near future as well.

 
 Conjurer: I painted him up as a bright wizard from Warhammer. The glowing staff didn't work out as I wanted though.


 Arcanist: this guy was originally a priest holding a cross. As I did not like the cross, I removed it, together with his right hand, and replaced with a torch. While not on a dangerous mission he's probably serving the crown as a scribe (hence the symbol on his tabard).


Raptor: A small conversion based on a frenu from World of Twilight, the only things I did was adding a second pair of legs, changing the tail and do some draconic ridges on his head and back.
 

 
This is a rather small scenery piece, but the bucket alone is half as tall as a 15mm mini, so it's unsuitable for the scale.
 
Thanks a lot for reading!
 
Cheers
 
Wouter


10 comments:

  1. Those turned out really well Wouter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Fran, I'm quite pleased with them myself too.

      Delete
  2. Lovely pieces and amazing detail on a 15mm miniature - wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. Personally I find it easier to paint 15mm, it seems to matter less if it's not 100% as I would have wanted it. Perhaps it's just a feeling.

      Delete
  3. I'm not used to 15mm, so you have my admiration. Really nice, I particularly like the work on the Frenu. A shame the well doen't fit in 15 mm, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D 15mm is not that much different from 28mm, just smaller and usually a little less detailed :). Nevertheless thank you very much!
      In truth, I'm quite pleased with the Oathsworn resin models and highly recommend them. Almost no airbubbles and crisp details.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! Those tiny freehands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, it's those little things which make painting at this scale that much more interesting.

      Delete