Saturday 9 March 2019

'Stand back girl!'

Hello everyone,

A short post this time has I didn't have much time to paint this week.
Last Sunday was spend going to the Adelaide 500 (a racing car event) with the family.
I'm only remembering the loud engines and noxious fumes, but my two eldest sons simply adore these kind of things.
So it was a bit like a compulsory family excursion.
On Monday I did a little bit more conversion work on some doubles I got, to make some more individual companion models.


I'm not entirely happy with them, but I'm getting there and the head swaps turned out better than I expected. 


 This little girl started out as a Ravenwing Angelic figure. After I saw it on eBay I asked the seller how tall it was and he said that it measured 15mm.
So I planned transforming it into a second Arcanist, with a book strapped onto his back. When it arrived it turned out it was only 12mm and without a lip on it's feet it felt even smaller.
I decided to try my hand at sculpting a face and make it look like a little girl.
The first face I made was too large, better suited for 25mm, this is my second attempt.
While painting her I had no idea what to do with the rabbit as I didn't want her to look too drab, which is why it's pink and looks a bit like a care-rabbit.


Among the order I got from Alternative Armies we're more Rogue/Thief characters than I had a use for, so I decided to change one to a swordsman.
I added a hat, facial hair, sword and a scabbard.
The hat, scabbard and sword turned out alright, though his stance is a bit weird. His moustache and goatee look ridiculous in my opinion though, I need to do better next time.


A wraith, also from AA.
I didn't like the empty hood on the model and tried sculpting him a skullface. Some of the details, like it's teeth, turned out being too shallow as I painted him.
Lessons learned!


That's it for this week. 
Thanks a lot for reading

Best regards

Wouter

10 comments:

  1. Wow, I love all of them. Godd to see you're really back on bussiness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear you like them Suber.
      So far I manage to keep myself focused and on track. Hopefully I'll be able to see this project through as I already added the next one to my scrapbook of ideas.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Skully, happy to hear you like him.

      Delete
  3. Like the color scheme of the severed head ... weird thing to say once I had typed it out. Oh well :) Anyways racing events are best seen on TV I guess. Once when I worked at an auto company, we had tickets to an F1 event but I declined despite being a fan. From what I gather those racing engines can get really, really loud. Moreover, any track event at nations near the equator isn't as fun as it's made out to be XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only a bit weird 😉, but thank you!
      I've never been a big fan of cars and the like, though I can see why some people are attracted to them. And I agree, it's probably a better experience if you can watch such events on a television, preferably with some mates 😁.

      Delete